Get Your Own!




ADD LO CODE HERE




Name: Chrissy Hanson
Age: 33
Gender: female
Astrological Sign: Scorpio
Occupation: SAHM
Location: East Coast of GA
Status: Married ~ Lowell
Kidlets: 3 ~ Robbie, Ryan, & Sandi
View My Profile

Powered by Blogger

Special Thanks to JAMIE for helping me with my Layout!

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Where were YOU ?

Ya know how they have those things on TV and in papers about “Where were you this time last year” or whatever? Well, as morbid as it may sound… this time last year I was watching them take my Dad’s breathing tube out in the Liver Treatment ICU of Emory Univ. Hospital to let him die a “peaceful” death. Yep, that’s right. This time last year I was standing beside his bed waiting on him to die.
I remember thinking or maybe I was praying that it wouldn’t take long because he could hardly breath as it was. I was scared to leave his side. I didn’t want him to be alone and moreover, *I* wanted to be there when it happened. It was a promise I made to him a long time ago and I meant I was gonna keep it !
Hours went by and they moved us to another room on the floor with instructions to basically leave us alone unless we needed something. Hours went by there too till finally I had them cut off all of his fluids and 02 and knock him slap out with the morphine. I wanted him to just slip off to sleep and pass quietly and w/o pain. It got later and most of the family left. Hour after hour all night long I watched him and waited.
And Im sorry but I can’t finish this right now cause I cant see through the tears. I need a nap.
Chrissy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home